Monday, December 21, 2009

< 100TH POST >

This is my 100th blog post.
I thought I would dedicate this post to my blog itself. I believe that blogs do have feelings, and I seriously don't want to hurt the feelings of my blog by not posting a blog post for it.
I just want to go back to that time when I started blogging. I will tell you the story about its evolution.
____________________

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to April 2nd 2008.This was when I started the blogging thingy. Like everything any action needed a motive or what you call stimuli.

I have some friends (Vampy, Sanjog, Jaycee), these people already had blogs then. I asked the Sri Sri Mahabloggi Sanjog. He woke up from his deep meditation, and said in a soft voice.(Font size 10, Not Bold)

"People write blog because they provide their frustrated creator with the delusional outlet of being a published author, sort of like how the prison warden lets the psychotic inmate scribble "poetry" on the cell wall so doesn't beat his bunk mate with a toilet seat."

These words of wisdom, washed away my ignorance about blogging and opened the Star gate to eternal life.(Life online is eternal, till server crashes and last mirror dies).

Before, even I started writing my first blog post, I showed all the awesome symptoms of a professional writer. Yes!! "Writer's block". I didn't know what to write about. Then I knew that, I am going to get better in it.

Diabolical Thoughts, that's what I christened my blog. Too much games with 8 legged creatures will bend your thoughts in a diabolical way. (Did I tell you, once I tried to shoot a fly on my screen with a gun, while I was playing game, Only to realize later that the fly belonged to the real world,on this side of the screen.)

Writing is like playing Jigsaw puzzle with words.( I hate puzzle games altogether!So...). We have to pick the right words, move it around, till it gives out the picture that you want to portray to the world.
I started off, my blogging, writing in a cynical style. It started off well, (At-least for me)cuz it complemented well, with the world.

Wrote a few more blog posts in that frequency.

That was when my spectacles broke.That incident changed it all. (I told you everything needs a stimuli). I narrated that incident, about me visiting the doctor, paralleling events with Murphy's laws.
Hmm...What can I say, it was according to the stats on comments, well received.

From that point onwards, I made sure that I include a tint of humor in all blog posts. Mostly, it was events from my life. The school days, conversations happening between me and buddies. Blogging was simple.

I did run into that 'Writer's block many times. Most of the time it was not because of lack of ideas. It was because of a much more important factor, laziness or lack of time.
I really didn't want to make my blog kinda into 'political activism' . Views on politics is that everyone has one,and its better, not to probe both.(Hope you got my drift). So kept that segment out of my blog.
I wrote , stuffs on human mind and emotions, the basic ingredient behind all good things and major fuck-ups.


I turned my coffee breaks and idle times to find topics to blog about. Forum mall, was one spot where I used to get 'clues' to blog on. Many humans in one place. What else do you need. All I need was to observe people.Every individual has a story to tell. It's fun observing people. Not all ended up on my blog, but some did.

My buddies were another source for blog posts. Well!! God makes them all so insane and unique.Most of them live way down the food chain, according to me. (Input evil laugh here).With friends like this, who needs TV?

During the process of my blog life, I have contributed many new words and similey's to the world.(*sniff*,sniff). There's this dictionary I made, which gives a whole new meaning to FUBK.

Most of you who knows me, know that, I don't have writer's block but rhymer's block. At one time(not in band camp), me and my buddy wrote a RAP.(Raped Englissss).

Once, I was comfortable with my blog posts and my readers, I thought I would reveal myself to the world. I wrote, not only about my 'FIRST LOVE', but also a weird conversation with my cousin.

Blogs, they are our personal feelings, and I wrote a letter to my best friend. This could be the only blog post which is directed at a single person.

Come December, and I have increased the frequency of my blogging. A blog a day. Cool!! Alive, I am.

2 years into blogging, never ever felt bored about this, because of all the encouragement and inspiration YOU, people showered on me as comments and as visits. I really don't want to name anyone as special, because every one is special and each time a different person, with a different comment inspires me for the next blog post.
____________________




__________________________+

28 comments:

M. said...

Congrats Sorcey.

May the farce be with you. :p

Sorcerer said...

@mayur
spasibo comrade :)

Maya said...

when i started i knew hundered percent i wont last more than month, but some how i began to like it, and still cant believe i m utilising my energy for this kind of work..

Snow White said...

Congrats on your 100th post :)your blog is also very nice and beautiful :)

Angelshair said...

Wow! 100 posts! Congrats!!!
May we celebrate the 200th post very soon.

DiDo said...

Congratsss Socz... wers the party??

Diwakar Sinha said...

My congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This calls for a celebration post!

A very touchy post this was! The way you mention and provided links about all your others posts..:~)GoooooooooooooD!!

The blogger of the year award goes to you!
Thanks for entertaining us all!

Claps Claps Claps!

Leaving with a big smile!

Anonymous said...

I'm auto-delusional, like to fool myself.

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!!!
Now we know why you were posting almost a post every day, haan? ;)
This post was a very interesting read. And yes baba...You have a funny bone, are witty and certainly have gotten over that blogger's/writer's block of the initial days... :)
May we see another 100 from you.:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats sorcerer,you not only blog everyday but comment on your followers blogs too.No wonder you have got so many follwers.May be that is one of the reason no one wants to leave your blog.May be I will be the one to sign out and wait till 100 follwers to come and sign in as 100th maybe you too would write something for that 100th follwer(something of this sort happened to u -remember)
anyway 100th post,must be cool.
congrats!all the best!
but you really have something more than just humour!!!!!I tell you man,there are many other things too,making this blog cccoooooooolllllllll!!!!!!

happy day!!!
cheers!!!!!!

Bhargavi said...

congrats . wishing u many more such milestones !

sulagna said...

sorcy.m glad you decided to make your posts funny..explains why i am hooked on to a guys blog who sounds witty and funny..very VERY rare combi ...congratulations buddy :)

big hug for the blog..no hurting feelings of the blog ha..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)

This is my first time visiting. I am off to read the other posts..

Garima said...

There is something wrong with my speed I think... I started off with the Blog last year in July and by now I am 200 posts up...Something is wrong...
Would think over it..anyway...
...Congratulations to you!!!

pehli baar visited your blog...nice one buddy :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on ur 100th post....Your style of writing is awesome..Good going...
Looking forward to the 200th..

Sorcerer said...

@uncommonsense
hmmm.. blogging is like a therapy..dont you agree?

@angelshair
yeah..hope so!!

@diDo
yeah. party...oh yeah!! a virtual one..may be..

@snowwhite
thank you for the comment and visiting my blog :)

@diwakar Sinha
thanks dude..thank you :)

@yemiledu
:)
thanks for going through my old posts and commenting :) ,..you people inspire me to come up with more posts.

@secretia
thanks for dropping by

@ashley
thanks for the comment..and yeah..I will try to keep up the one post a day thing.

@anonymous
yeah..i do visit my followers blog and comment.after all its a mutual relation that helps keep the blog going.Yeah I will post something for my 100th follower. Yeah I do remember me being 100th follower of Allies blog(Hyperbole and half).
I do in my various posts have linked to my fellow bloggers and friends.
I feel that as a good thing :)

@bedazled
yeah..milestones...miles to blog before I sleep.

@sulagna
*hugs
thank you:) for the encouraging words.

@mia999
thank you for going through my blog

@garima
wow!! thats cool. 200 posts..wow! awesome..I should take cue from you then :)

@dilontherocks
thanks dude:) thanks for the comment and encouragement

Shriti said...

congratulations sorcerer :)

Sorcerer said...

@chocolate lover
thank you:)

Sammok said...

congrats! you have no idea how difficult it is to ne a frequent blogger, cuz you are one. :P

i started mine in 2007, and i have like 10 posts. :D

санжог said...

O great Sorcerator, why be so humble?

To get the facts right, you have been blogging since 2008 and I have been blogging since June 2009.

Anyways, the fact is, you had it in you, and you are reaping the benefits.

Oh, such a benevolent nature! you are an astute blogger, and we are the blessed derelicts.

Let's put a smile on your face:

Google: words that start with p,b

Later say:
AWESHOME

HA HA HA HA HA Lol HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorcerer said...

@sanju
hahahahaha!!!! google knows..google knows!!
:)

@sam
you better update your blog!!

Smita said...

Congrats for teh century :)

And Yes, Life is the best inspiration for writing!!

Sorcerer said...

@smita
thank you smita..you are right..life is an inspiration for writing.

cutestangel said...

Congratulations on your 100TH post!!!Keep blogging, keep writing .

Sorcerer said...

@angel
thank you... angel
you are my spell check angel
;)

Megha said...

Hey, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorcerer said...

@megha
thank you:)