Tuesday, March 1, 2011

.::SMOKY TAIL::.

Thought I would get my hands dirty [Mind already is..A fact my regular blog readers would agree without even a second thought].
Yeah..So...Where was I..Yeah..okay...I thought I would get my hands dirty and come up with something Wickid for my awesome blog readers..[Yes...You..I  am talking about you]
So I made this Wickid horse out of Plaster of Paris...I even gave it a name.
"Smoky Tail".
Thank you, I know it's an awesome name.







When I first started making it..I was unsure of what animal it would turn out to be.So...I kept  working on it..shaping it; dirtying the table cloth , the floor and myself in the process.That is when I realized the 'humor sense' of my mom which is very dry and sarcastic [Must be the summer ..It better be the summer climate]  and how much my family appreciates 'Creative thingies.' Finally, it started looking like a horse than an ass [Thanks to the prayers....mom.]

Talking about my art..where did I get the inspiration.Nope..It was not gas or Crazy Horse show from FTv.[I don't eat potatoes much these days but thanks again for understanding me in detail] .When I was a little kid, I always wanted a horse,a  dragon and a girl in Tutu. I think it's the little kid in me who always wanted a horse made this horse.

I searched for inspiration on Google and came up with some awesome stunning pics of horse  [Ps:Not Horse Pr0n] and that was the beginning of a whole week of getting my hands dirty with Plaster of Paris
Now..if you are getting an inspiration to get your hands dirty, stop Google pr0n and  start Google 'Plaster of Paris' thingies.

All you need is 

1)Lots of Plaster of Paris [The darn things gets harder faster than..ya know what ..guyzzz.So be prepared before you make it 'wet'.]
 
2) Brushes [I had a medium sized brush and a normal water color painting brush..Yes..those kind which you can steal from a school going kid]
 3)Patience [Exactly the same amount where in you wait for your parents to go to sleep before you put on 'awesome movies'/Channels.]

4) Sculpting tools like..Scissors, kitchen knife, nail, Blade , Spoon Handle etc.

5)Plastic Container to mix the Plaster of Paris.

6)Paper pulp.

How to make a Plaster of Paris Sculpture thingy

1)Wear your work cloths.If you are an IT professional, wear any crap .If you are not sure.. strip down naked.

2) Draw the outline of the sculpture you want to make on a piece of hard wood.

If you can't find a hard wood, try using a hard board or something hard as a base which is flat of course. 

3)Apply thin layer of paper pulp and shape it according to the image.

4)Apply the mix of Plaster of Paris on it using the brush. 

Of-course..its that easy..All you gotta do is just try it.
____________________ 

Thank you my 'Black File Folder' without you, my horse would never get its awesome black background.

Thank you..your highmess Siji  for giving awesome inputs on Plaster of Paris sculpting. 
 __________________________+


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl in tutu
Did you know you had written this?
A. GIRL. IN. TUTU.

Brittany Pollack said...

Great readinng this